Dream Big Workshop
Nourishing Human Experiences
It’s never too early to dream your next project. Maximized campus planning leads to innovative human experiences.
“If you are looking for new and differentiated experiences for your campus, the dream
big workshops are a great jump start for new thinking"
- Jodi Westwater, Compass Group
Dynamik creates workshops for clients around the globe to dream big before the onset of project timelines and budgets. Dreaming Big means looking at the “What Could Happen If” or “What New and Integrated Experiences will move our Campus to a new master plan?” or “I have researched trends and how do I integrate them in our campus planning?”
Starting in June 2018, we have created a 1 ½ day workshop retreat in Santa Barbara, California for those looking to step into the world of dreaming big with their colleagues - before project timelines and budgets constrain the innovation process. Working with your colleagues allows for iteration and collaboration of ideas at a faster and more diverse level.
- We analyze experiences from human use and emotion level.
- We sort and plan all day parts with their experience counterparts. This allows for maximum efficiency and innovations.
- We push the boundaries of how Eat, Learn, Meet, Play, Rest, Shop, and Work experiences are blended.
- We create a plan on how to maximize real estate by incorporating various experiences throughout the day.
- By dreaming big now, you can plan for success. You will be able to create a feasible plan and timeline for project ideation and creation before project timelines and budgets are set.
Meet other Campus and Corporate leaders plus create new experiences to maximize campus experiences
Work in a hands-on innovative and inspired setting creating a new 360 experience roadmap that will maximize your campus before launching into a project timeline
Work on real case studies and ideas that can be taken back to share with your team
- Business and Industry Food Service, Facilities, and Workplace Strategists and Leaders
- Higher Education Auxiliary Directors and Dining Leadership
- Senior Living Dining or Operational Directors
- Foodservice Operators and Project Managers working with forward-thinking clients
We create a roadmap and groundwork for human-centered experiences
We guide attendees through the process of blending experiences in all front of house areas such as; Food and Retail, Student Unions and Residence Halls, Lobby and Common Areas, Leisure and Lobby Spaces. Balanced with an understanding of infrastructure and back of the house operations.
Attendees receive tools to identify, observe, and analyze low utilization and experience areas on campus before planning any new projects that will incur more cost and little to no benefits